.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Email: baglady0408 AT yahoo DOT com

Join Our Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Renee
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com

Subscribe in Bloglines

Get Firefox!

Who links to me? Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Marathon for Jesus
If you've been reading my other blog Body Boot Camp, you'll have read how I am really trying to get my body in shape and eat healthier. While reading 1 Corinthians last night I came upon this verse:

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27


Reading this last night I really stopped and thought to myself. I have put so much effort into working out and eating better. I've read tons of books, learned about proper caloric intake and portion control. I've made workout schedules and set my alarm early to workout. None of this is bad, but I have not made nearly as much of an effort in becoming a better Christian. I read my Bible everynight -if I'm not tired! I don't pray as often as I should and I rarely give thanks for all my blessings.

I have put so much effort into improving my physical well being while neglecting my spirit. I don't want to just have rewards here on earth (i.e. a better body), I want to have enternal life with my father in heaven. Jesus died on the cross for me, and I know that I am forgiven and have the opportunity to have 'a crown that will last forever'. I better start acting like it!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home